AN WORRIED ESA Assessments in Newcastle — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

AN WORRIED ESA Assessments in Newcastle

Options
AgentTech
AgentTech Community member Posts: 13 Listener
hi I’m interested in peoples experience with ESA at [name removed by moderator] had one for first time on Tuesday was strange as first f2f for esa as been in support group income related since they put me on 2011. Was hour half late getting to see a “DOCTOR” she was a Scottish ladie . First ththing she said to me and me relitive is I don’t no why you here didn’t really do assesment part from squeezing  fingers.said I’m going do best to right a report so don’t have come back. I’m worried as she seemed fake nice . Do I need be worried . I need to point out I have CP Carnot work anymore on sticks live in adapted bungalow support by family have days were I can’t move.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AgentTech, thanks for sharing this with us. I've removed the name of the specific location due to privacy reasons, but hopefully others will share their ESA assessment experiences regardless. 

It's impossible to predict how an assessment went or what somebody's outcome will be, but I have my fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for. Do keep us updated!
  • AgentTech
    Options
    Thanks @Pippa_Scope it is stressing me out as just been through a battle with pip due to OT telling porky in report don’t want have same problem with esa 
  • Anne54
    Anne54 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi AgentTech, I also have an assessment coming up at this centre.  Haven't been before but just on principle I would always be wary of the "smiling assassin". At a different centre last summer I had no option but to go alone,(no family) that was the first thing she wrote on her report, after that it was game over. Situation is going to be the same at the next one, but definitely be wary, they are very friendly and because they put you at your ease they then use this against you. This is fact from personal experience.  Sorry if this adds to the stress levels, but I thought you should be aware.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Assessment centres can be viewed on google street view, at least this gives you some idea of the location and layout of the outside. Cameras could quite possibly be outside too, so be wary of that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AgentTech
    Options
    Just an update I got my ESA BACK at the right level been month are two she actually wrote good report and the truth suprised me ?good luck @Anne54 . Side note I took the person who does most for me day to day. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    AgentTech said:
    Just an update I got my ESA BACK at the right level been month are two she actually wrote good report and the truth suprised me ?good luck @Anne54 . Side note I took the person who does most for me day to day. 
    Great news!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.