PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I read about pip

sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
Is pip going on to uc i read something. I won't b on uc. So how i get my pip

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is a benefit to help with daily living activities and help with mobility, as a regular poster you will already know this and it is not connected with UC. To apply you are best doing a self test of the PIP descriptors to see how well you fair in meeting each descriptor before applying.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Wilko is correct, PIP isn't part of UC. UC is a means tested benefit and PIP isn't means tested. Your PIP payments will continue as normal.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
    I know this.i read something that dwp are planning for disablies people they thinking of adding pip to  if some time. I won't be on uc as I b with my bf.i still get pip though .dwp keep changing people minds not helpin our health all the changes that occur 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You read incorrectly. PIP won't be part of UC because PIP isn't a means tested benefit like UC is.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Thank god. Well a write up online last wkem stated it. Not that I read wrong. I was just making sure 
  • sadboysadboy Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Why can’t pip have a journal like universal credit. So when your waiting for your  decision you can log on to your journal and see any updates, instead of stressing for 3/4 months 
Sign in or join us to comment.