Under payment contact — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Under payment contact

Options
nicolal
nicolal Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I believe I was underpaid when I was moved from incapacity benefit to ESA income related but have since moved house and have a new telephone number.  Do I need to let them know or will they be able to find me as no longer claiming any benefits? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,022 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd contact DWP Monday morning, they open at 8am.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nicolal
    Options
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you change your address, telephone number, inform all the people you fo business with, DWP, banks, building societies, doctors, dentist hospitals if under treatment credit card companies mobile phone provider. The list goes on but you, we know who we should contact to avoid problems later.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As nicolal no longer claims benefits this was most likely the reason they didn't tell DWP the change of address. No need to tell them if you're no longer claiming a benefit.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nicolal
    Options
    Thanks both!  DWP are the only people I didn’t tell as I no longer claim any kind of benefits. I was lucky that I became well enough to work again and both of my kids became of age and work too! I will contact DWP tomorrow first thing. Is it just a general enquiry number I call? Thanks in advance! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ESA helpline number 0800 169 0310.

Living with a partner that worked, savings/capital other household income are all things they look at when claiming an Income related top up. Other non dependents that lived with you at the time aren't counted.
  • nicolal
    Options
    It was just me and 2 kids Poppy when I was claiming with no other income apart from my benefits. I had no savings or capital. Thanks for the number I will ring them tomorrow. Have a good day!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.