Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
The commom myth of the PIP assessment
It is not a medical, it is an assessment of functionality gauged against the PIP descriptors.
You will not be granted a PIP award just for having a medical condition, diagnosis or illness.
To receive an award you need to show that your condition or illness impacts on your daily activities and or mobility and to what degree when measured against the descriptors
Sometimes it is hard to think about our limitations and even harder to write them down or explain to a stranger how our funtionality is affected. The better you can do this gives you the best chance of receiving the correct award.
Be all you can be, make every day count. Namaste
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.