The commom myth of the PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The commom myth of the PIP assessment

Options
CockneyRebel
CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
It is not a medical, it is an assessment of functionality gauged against the PIP descriptors.

You will not be granted a PIP award just for having a medical condition, diagnosis or illness.

To receive an award you need to show that your condition or illness impacts on your daily activities and or mobility and to what degree when measured against the descriptors

Sometimes it is hard to think about our limitations and even harder to write them down or explain to a stranger how our funtionality is affected. The better you can do this gives you the best chance of receiving the correct award.
Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    Options
    Cockneyrebel
    what clarity thankyou the Dwp asked me to get evidence from my gp. i had to payy for it. it was not any support as the gp ovbiously only sees me 10 minutes at a time in the surgery setting so he hasnt got a clue how im affected

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.