PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

pip tribunal

lyns777lyns777 Member Posts: 11 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
hi can you help me. my son had a appt for tribunal  but was in hospital getting surgery n his bad arm so I telephone to tell them then next min he gets a letter refused again ive since appealed them going ahead regarding my son in hospital n they knew all this any help would be appreciated thank you 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You can't appeal a Tribunal decision unless an error in law was made. For this you need to request the statement of reasons from the Tribunal.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Around 69% of people win their First-tier Tribunal (FTT) but if you disagree with the First-tier Tribunal decision, you can appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

If you are eligible for legal help on income grounds, you may find a trained legal adviser or a solicitor to help with an appeal to the Upper Tribunal.
    • Civil Legal Advice can help you find a local legal service or solicitor. It can also check if you can get legal aid.
    • The Law Centres Network has a list of law centres with a Legal Aid Contract for this work.
    • Scope is not qualified to offer this level of advice.
    Read about appealing to the Upper Tribunal to help you decide whether you might have grounds for a further appeal.

An appeal to the Upper Tribunal is likely to take about a year. You might want to consider:
    • making a new claim for the benefit you are trying to get
    • asking for another review of the current level of entitlement to that benefit.
    These are complex issues. Seek advice about your situation and whether you need to make a new claim for a benefit while appealing to the Upper Tribunal. Be aware that the Upper Tribunal often resubmits the appeal to the First-tier Tribunal.

It’s possible to appeal to the Upper Tribunal without legal representation. Find more about finding legal advice, which also links to resources about self-representation.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.