Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Letter received

hi my son is disabled and he’s just received a ECA letter today saying they want to look at he’s claim going back to 12/4/14 but I was getting cares for him at that time and still do does that mean he’s not untitled to any back payment? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Your claim for carers allowance doesn't affect his ESA because it's your carers allowance and not his.

If the form is filled in an returned they will assess him for the income related top up.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Buddyandmacy3Buddyandmacy3 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank thank you for getting back to me only I just read that if someone was getting carers for you then you wouldn’t get the money from 2014 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    This is the severe disability premium you're talking about and if your son lives with you he wouldn't be entitled to it anyway. There's another disability premium payable on ESA called Enhanced disability premium which is £16.30 per week, less in previous years.

He really does need to fill out the form and return it for them to assess his claim. There's nothing to worry about.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Buddyandmacy3Buddyandmacy3 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi thank you I tryed to fill it out but some of the questions are a bit confusing so I rang them and going to do it over the phone on Monday. Thank you again.😊
Sign in or join us to comment.