Letter received — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter received

Options
hi my son is disabled and he’s just received a ECA letter today saying they want to look at he’s claim going back to 12/4/14 but I was getting cares for him at that time and still do does that mean he’s not untitled to any back payment? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Your claim for carers allowance doesn't affect his ESA because it's your carers allowance and not his.

If the form is filled in an returned they will assess him for the income related top up.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Buddyandmacy3
    Buddyandmacy3 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank thank you for getting back to me only I just read that if someone was getting carers for you then you wouldn’t get the money from 2014 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is the severe disability premium you're talking about and if your son lives with you he wouldn't be entitled to it anyway. There's another disability premium payable on ESA called Enhanced disability premium which is £16.30 per week, less in previous years.

He really does need to fill out the form and return it for them to assess his claim. There's nothing to worry about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Buddyandmacy3
    Buddyandmacy3 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi thank you I tryed to fill it out but some of the questions are a bit confusing so I rang them and going to do it over the phone on Monday. Thank you again.?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.