Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Can I send my medical report from pip to the esa for evidence?

shazcshazc Member Posts: 1 Listener
Can I send my medical report from pip to the esa for evidence as just got report an passed pip an now one week later I've been sent capability for work for from esa 


  • steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazc

    Welcome & Good Evening!!!!

    Hi both of these are completely different benefits

    1. Daily Living Component.
    2. Mobility Component.

    1. Work Related.

    So I do believe that the answer to be no to your question.


  • JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Pioneering
    Hello @shazc and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you 'aboard'.
    I'm not any kind of benefits expert so I can't answer directly on this but I will notify our benefits advisors of your post and hopefully they will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Keep hanging in there, and stay in touch,
    Warmest best wishes,
  • clivelateclivelate Member Posts: 24 Connected

    Hello shazc

    you can send in what ever you like to the DWP as long as you feel it is in your interest.
    Even though Pip is a different benefit to ESA some things are the same,so send in what you feel will help your case.

  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    I agree they are completely different benefits but the answer to this question is it depends on the reason for each of the claims. I claim both ESA and PIP purely for mobility/physical reasons and i claim Enhanced mobility PIP. During my very recent ESA review i sent my PIP decision letter with my ESA50 form as evidence ( Not the assessment report) This was actually used as part of my evidence and was used to keep me in the Support Group for mobilising. So it really depends on your reasons.

    You need to take a look at the ESA descriptors for each of the groups.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,380 Disability Gamechanger
    If you mean instead of completing the ESA 50 you’ve just been sent then no. You have to compete the form. You can send your PIP form in too but you must also complete the ESA 50. As @poppy123456 says though it may not be the most relevant evidence as PIP doesn’t care whether you’re working or capable of work or not
  • C_Herath2009C_Herath2009 Member Posts: 26 Listener
    Well worth sending just the front part and letters from anyone you can get to back you (For me my Physio,GP he will be needing sick pay soon...and Headway the Brain Injury Charity are all sending reports
  • C_Herath2009C_Herath2009 Member Posts: 26 Listener
    But photocopy absolutely everything and post 1st class signed for
  • worried33worried33 Member Posts: 399 Pioneering
    If you have a PIP report stating you have been assessed to not mobile aided for more than 50m, it "could" help but the PIP requires you to be able to mobilise whilst standing, whilst ESA does not.  However if you have a good reason to not use a wheelchair as an example, and have the PIP report, I think it would help you on ESA.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,380 Disability Gamechanger
    But photocopy absolutely everything and post 1st class signed for
    You’re sending to a mail delivery centre not the DWP. Any received post could be signed for by a security guord, cleaner, bloke on reception etc. That means it arrived at the MDC. It then has to be sorted; sent for scanning and finally linked to the file. Only the last bit is done by DWP so sending anything which requires a signature is an absolute waste of both time and money. It’s not proof of receipt by DWP at all. 

    The better advice is to simply retain copies of everything.
Sign in or join us to comment.