Can I send my medical report from pip to the esa for evidence? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I send my medical report from pip to the esa for evidence?

shazc
shazc Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Can I send my medical report from pip to the esa for evidence as just got report an passed pip an now one week later I've been sent capability for work for from esa 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazc

Welcome & Good Evening!!!!

Hi both of these are completely different benefits

PIP.
    1. Daily Living Component.
    2. Mobility Component.

ESA.
    1. Work Related.

So I do believe that the answer to be no to your question.

Sorry.

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @shazc and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you 'aboard'.
    I'm not any kind of benefits expert so I can't answer directly on this but I will notify our benefits advisors of your post and hopefully they will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Keep hanging in there, and stay in touch,
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • clivelate
    clivelate Community member Posts: 26 Connected

Hello shazc

you can send in what ever you like to the DWP as long as you feel it is in your interest.
    Even though Pip is a different benefit to ESA some things are the same,so send in what you feel will help your case.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I agree they are completely different benefits but the answer to this question is it depends on the reason for each of the claims. I claim both ESA and PIP purely for mobility/physical reasons and i claim Enhanced mobility PIP. During my very recent ESA review i sent my PIP decision letter with my ESA50 form as evidence ( Not the assessment report) This was actually used as part of my evidence and was used to keep me in the Support Group for mobilising. So it really depends on your reasons.

You need to take a look at the ESA descriptors for each of the groups.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • C_Herath2009
    C_Herath2009 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    Well worth sending just the front part and letters from anyone you can get to back you (For me my Physio,GP he will be needing sick pay soon...and Headway the Brain Injury Charity are all sending reports
  • C_Herath2009
    C_Herath2009 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    But photocopy absolutely everything and post 1st class signed for
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    If you have a PIP report stating you have been assessed to not mobile aided for more than 50m, it "could" help but the PIP requires you to be able to mobilise whilst standing, whilst ESA does not.  However if you have a good reason to not use a wheelchair as an example, and have the PIP report, I think it would help you on ESA.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.