Will my husband get his backdated PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Will my husband get his backdated PIP?

hazela Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My husband has been awarded backdated Pips after appeal but the letter says they cannot compel DWP to pay
 Should we be worried? Will he get his award and his backdated PIP.


  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,176 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community and it's great to meet you! I'm not an expert in the workings of backdated PIP payments but our members are very knowledgeable and helpful. Here are our PIP discussions which might cover this issue.

    Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

    'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi hazela and welcome
    When was your husbands appeal ?
    It is a good idea to ring DWP to make sure that they have received a copy. It usually takes DWP 6-8 weeks to put a claim into payment. The DWP do have the right to challege the desicion, as you do but only on an error in law 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger
    This is a standard statement that only means that a tribunal does not have powers of enforcement.  However, DWP always pay what the tribunal has awarded including the arrears.  Unless DWP want to appeal the award - which is rare.
  • hazela
    hazela Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for that. It's will be a huge relief to get some money. 2 years with only my part time income cos he's been refused everything we applied for. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.