Should I be entitled to the care component too? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Should I be entitled to the care component too?

barry50 Member Posts: 13 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA


  • barry50
    barry50 Member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi everyone just joined today i will introduce myself im a 54 year old gent suffer blackouts chronic fatigue low blood sugar ( not diabetic) unemployable but do little voluntary work. Get very little help regarding benefits get esa and motability pip but not care componant should i be entitled to care aswell as i havent got a clue if anyone can help i will be happy
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @barry50, and a warm welcome to the community!

    Thanks for sharing this with us. Hopefully some of our others will be able to advise on this soon!
  • barry50
    barry50 Member Posts: 13 Listener
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    You will only be awarded the Daily living component if you meet the criteria. First have a look at the descriptors to see which may apply to you.
    Then as you have an award in payment you can only apply for a change in circumstance if your condition has worstened since your last decision. Unless your decision is recent then you might try the MR and appeal route
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.