If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Should I be entitled to the care component too?

barry50barry50 Member Posts: 13 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA


  • barry50barry50 Member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi everyone just joined today i will introduce myself im a 54 year old gent suffer blackouts chronic fatigue low blood sugar ( not diabetic) unemployable but do little voluntary work. Get very little help regarding benefits get esa and motability pip but not care componant should i be entitled to care aswell as i havent got a clue if anyone can help i will be happy
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @barry50, and a warm welcome to the community!

    Thanks for sharing this with us. Hopefully some of our others will be able to advise on this soon!
  • barry50barry50 Member Posts: 13 Listener
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    You will only be awarded the Daily living component if you meet the criteria. First have a look at the descriptors to see which may apply to you.
    Then as you have an award in payment you can only apply for a change in circumstance if your condition has worstened since your last decision. Unless your decision is recent then you might try the MR and appeal route
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.