If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tribunal and new cancer diagnosis

Jennifer1954Jennifer1954 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello community I'm new today.
Looking for some advice. I am waiting for a tribunal as I had lost both of my high rates of pip. Now I was diagnosed with cancer grade 2.
Can I put a new pip request in or do I have to wait for the tribunal . Thanks


  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

    Do you have any award ?
    If you have no award in payment then you can put in a new claim.
    If you do have an award and your new condition has meant a significant change you can put in for a change of circumstance ( supersession )

    Either of these will result in a new decision being made and have the effect of limiting the tribunal decision, if any, up to the date of the new decision
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jennifer1954, and a warm welcome to the community!

    I hope the above advice is helpful. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,001 Disability Gamechanger
    Your cancer diagnosis is not relevant to a PIP claim unless it’s either terminal or you can link it directly to particular activities which score enough points. A new claim to PIP will immediately make your appeal for a closed period I.e. only up to the date before your new claim so there’s that to factor in as well. There are considerable risks in making a new claim whilst an appeal is going on and you may want face to face advice before making a decision.
Sign in or join us to comment.