Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Back dated EDP

I have been waiting on word back from DWP about back pay and to ask them to transfer me on to Income Related instead of Contribution ESA which I've been on for 10 years. Its been a couple of months and I heard it takes around 12 weeks to get a response but can't they put me on the IR ESA in the meantime while they decide if I'm entitled to back pay?
I'm currently looking to move out of my apartment where I'm being intimidated so any back pay would pay for a new place. If I ring do you think they might at least admit that I'm on the wrong ESA & will receive the BP so I could borrow on the strength of that? Or will they not be permitted to tell me that at least?
Many thanks. 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    I'm afraid that won't be possible until they've assessed you for the Income Related top up. Once they have a decision they'll contact you.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • TeddyB22TeddyB22 Member Posts: 154 Courageous
    Thanks for reply. 
Sign in or join us to comment.