PIP REVIEW ASSESSMENT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP REVIEW ASSESSMENT

mollypeppa
mollypeppa Community member Posts: 42 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I was transferred from dla low rate care and low rate mobility in 2016, I never had a face to face and received 11 points only on care, no mobility, it was done in 5 weeks from sending the pip form in.

Now, I received a review form I. August, sent back on september around 18th, my wife was made my appointee by home visit, as my wife wrote to pip department asking to be appointee, it was granted at home visit with no evidence, my wife called pip five weeks ago and was told the review form is with a case manager, two weeks after, another call now it's with assessors, last Tuesday my wife received a call from assessors and lady asked a few questions to my wife, to see if she could do assesment over phone, the questions was all aimed at mobility, which was explained in the review form, ie, how often does your husband use a walking stick, does he go out on his own, then the assessor said, I dont need a face to face, is this a good thing? As how can the assessor justify answers as to how I walk ect. My problems if any use are, I use stick for pain in my liver. 

Chronic depression 
Anxiety
Alcoholic dependent syndrome
Hidradinitis supurativa (rare skin disease)
Asthma

Also, I'm ashamed to say this, a victim of child sexual abuse and a sexual assault in my early 20s,which was included with the review form. I told pip this in 2016, so why was I not assessed properly last time, all that was in my form in 2016 was "my motivation stops me doing this" this time it's been detailed properly

My wife wrote a detailed supportive letter, all evidence ie, councillors, I even reported some bits to police the letter was sent in also.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mollypeppa Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Thank you for your question.  The PIP system you need the right answers. One of our team or of our community.. Will advise you.

There will be in touch.  Have you spoken to CAB about PIP there might have an answer to help you. Good with benefits queries.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Please ask if we can advise on anything.

Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • mollypeppa
    I have seen welfare rights in council where I live
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's not a good or bad thing, it just means they were able to do a paper based assessment. You can still ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Connected
    Good luck to you and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Wishing you all the best
  • mollypeppa
    johnnyboy said:
    Good luck to you and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Wishing you all the bestjohnnyboy said:
    Good luck to you and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Wishing you all the best
    Thankyou.
  • mollypeppa
    Hi,

It's not a good or bad thing, it just means they were able to do a paper based assessment. You can still ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    Last time I dont even think it was sent to assessors, as I was told by welfare rights, it's a review And they look at the previous decision and points awarded, 11 was a bit shady, no f2f no assesors, DWP tried to hush up I think what I told them, I've had help this time, and I think a f2f wouldn't do me any good, they know everything, how it affects me in detail, I am also in esa support group no face to face in January, that was a review from 2016 also where I moved groups.
  • mollypeppa
    Hi,

Last time I dont even think it was sent to assessors, as I was told by welfare rights, it's a review And they look at the previous decision and points awarded, 11 was a bit shady, no f2f no assesors, DWP tried to hush up I think what I told them, I've had help this time, and I think a f2f wouldn't do me any good, they know everything, how it affects me in detail, I am also in esa support group no face to face in January, that was a review from 2016 also where I moved groups.
    Hi,

Is it right to reply to messages on this site pressing the quote icon?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You do not need to quote, you can just type your reply in the box at the bottom
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    The forms are always sent to the health assessment providers even for a review. They then look at your claim and decide if a face to face assessment is needed. Sometimes it's possible to do a paper based assessment based on the evidence given and the form that was filled in, but most have face to face assessments.

There's a report written for both paper based and face to face, once this is written it's returned to DWP. It's then sent to a decision maker who makes their decision. Mostly they go with the recommendations written in the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mollypeppa
    Ahh, ok, so in 2016 the original form would have been sent to assessors, it did sound strange back then as it was awarded in five weeks from getting form back. 

When the assesor phoned my wife, the assessor said, I have symtoms of PTSD, and as I mentioned about the police, my wife was told last week, basically they are not looking into the report, bear in mind they sent a crime ref no ect out, my wife also told this to the assessor, and said to her I'd have to report it again, "oh no" assesors reply. Also she asked about on buses, no cos it goes past where something happened to him a long time ago, assessor said "I can understand that" ... I think by assessors remarks it should be ok, as I said the questions were aimed at mobility. I'm thinking care side will be fine, as for cooking ect, all explained properly, I cant use knives because of things. probably get that extra point, only question that was asked was toilet one, bit embarrassing but that was only question which was not properly explained in the review form.my wife helps me sometimes, as when I'm in depression state I cant do anything and in bed, so no food or drink your body plays havok. I know you've gotta say no matter how embarrassing, so my wife said when asked "do you help your husband?" Ie, clean himself,or get to bathroom, "yes" but it's not all time I was under mental health team, but all I get off mental health team is "im appropriately dressed"an alcohol discover place and proper sex crime councillor, all been sent in. Im 41 and cant clean myself at times,feel useless, and stupid.

the Hidradinitis supurativa is rare it was properly diagnosed last year, cyst like lumps in armpits,groin, they flare up but wasnt diagnosed till I started talking,just like the depression, flares up, a high mood lasts no longer than eight weeks, sometimes less.that's why I use a stick when I do go out,, everything was blamed on alcohol beforehand i should look after my wife not other way roundMy wife might call tomorrow to see if reports ready but I dont want to know, rather just wait for decision which assesor said it will be before Christmas, but if my wife not got report and I'm kicked off it with Christmas it reduces the 28 day mandatory, but I dont want to think about that.

Can I also ask, if it was rejected what happens to current payments do they stop on day of decision or carry on four a month,? I know I'm asking a lot of stuff but my anxiety is through the roof.

Can I also ask, did my wife do right thing in explaining things, ie, the abuse,in detail.?? I did last time but felt embarrassed, but did not say much., I still do.
  • mollypeppa
    Does anyone know what the word "pinned" means in DWP terms? My wife rang pip on 5th dec for the assessment report pa3 paper based, lady said they have ut and would send it out, Friday gone, 15th still no report received, wife rings back pip, lady on phone said the report has been "pinned" to be sent out,. Why did they not send it on the 5th? And what does pinned mean? Also lady said on 1th that a progress letter had been issued, why issue a progress letter and hold off on sending report out.
  • poppy123456
    Does anyone know what the word "pinned" means in DWP terms? My wife rang pip on 5th dec for the assessment report pa3 paper based, lady said they have ut and would send it out, Friday gone, 15th still no report received, wife rings back pip, lady on phone said the report has been "pinned" to be sent out,. Why did they not send it on the 5th? And what does pinned mean? Also lady said on 1th that a progress letter had been issued, why issue a progress letter and hold off on sending report out.
    It means that your assessment report will be sent out when it's received back with DWP. It's just a note they've put onto the system.
  • mollypeppa
    Can I ask, if pinned means when they receive it back from assesors is that correct?  We was told they had it on the 5th, and would send it out, that's what I dont understand, then on 14th. Its pinned. My understanding is that when my wife rang on the 5th that lady must have pinned it to be issued and as we not got it was still pinned on Friday, she shouldn't have said they had it and was sending it if it wasn't received back. Should get it this week. The DWP do not answer straight forward questions, they have their own language, my wife has wrote dates ect down as a decision will probably come, dated before they got assessment report back. That would be laughable.
  • poppy123456
    It just means they put a note on the system to send it out to you.
  • mollypeppa
    Ok. Thanks, I'll let you know when we get it
  • mollypeppa
    Got the update letter today dated 12th dec. It says " we now have all the information we need to make a decision " bear in mind still no report issued out, as poppy123456 says, they will send it when they have it, they must have it, as on 14th it was pinned to be sent out, do you think I should call and find out? Something doesn't add up.
  • poppy123456
    The only thing you can do is ring and ask if it's been sent.
  • mollypeppa
    I know, dont like keep ringing though. I'll wait till post tomorrow. Then ring, if they say same, then I'll go to welfare rights, 
  • mollypeppa
    Hello. Wife called pip. Was read decision over phone, enhanced on both from just standard on care, but didn't say for how long. Phew. Lady said should have had report to weeks ago, she was sorry.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.