Pip reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reassessment

greengirl
greengirl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi im wondering if anyone can help i got sent a pip renewal form citizens advice helped to fill it out i suffer wirh extreme depression and anxiety i never go anywhere alone and im never alone even at home i also really struggle with meeting people i tend to have bad meltdown and anxiety attacks i was originally awarded low level pip no mobility in 2016 so when i filled in renewal form i asked for home visit i got sent appointment for miles away my husband rang and requested home visit which they told him they dont do so after he argued that he wouldn't be able to get me there they said theyd be in touch ive now had a text from dwp to say they've received my report and will write to me with a decision can they do this without seeing me? Sorry for long question but id really appreciate some advice

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes they can, it's called a paper based assessment and it means they most likely had enough of evidence to do this and a face to face assessment wasn't needed.

It doesn't mean anything other than a face to face assessment wasn't needed. You can ring and request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. There's no timescales to decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • greengirl
    greengirl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Why would they send me an appointment leter for an assessment is that just a test they do?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.