Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

PaulaJT
PaulaJT Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi I’m new on here. I have been transferred from High rate DLA for care and mobility to standard rate care and high mobility PIP.
The assessor came to my bungalow assessed me in bed at 930am. Everything we discussed she seemed to understand, but then her decision for the PIP rating was based on-‘observation’ I have 24 hr care with family and Carers as assessed on my care assessment.
I rang saying there was an obvious mistake, I was advised to put it in writing which I did, point for point. 7 weeks later I had not had a reply. I rang and was told it can take 6 weeks there was no letter on record, I had proof of postage and tracking had a signature and address. I had sent it to them with a copy of the letter.
i have rang numerously since to see if they have looked at it yet but can’t get through the ques are so long I get cut off over and over.
We are now another 8 weeks down the line and heard nothing 
has any one else experienced any thing of this?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no time scales for decisions. It really does take as long as it takes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PaulaJT, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting- it's often the waiting time and uncertainty that can feel most difficult to deal with. As Poppy says, there are no real specific timeframes, but I really hope things move forward for you soon. Please do keep in touch and let us know how you get on!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.