Esa3 has me wondering — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa3 has me wondering

FrankieOoo
FrankieOoo Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello all!, been roaming these forums for years and it seems like a fair and calm place to discuss finances etc!.

So rang the DWP to fill the ESA3 IBR over the phone (there was a time i was scared to phone them but recently each person i have spoken to there where brilliant, friendly non judgmental etc)

Anyhow, So like most people recently i was on Incapacity Benefit and was transferred over in August 2013!. i have been on the exact same money since 2009 and to this very day of £224.10, something about transitional? (Not very good with understanding such words  ).

My circumstances are exactly as they where waaaaaay back then, i live with my step mum who receives carers and income support im classed as a non dependent. basically a lodger but i have lived here since birth, I have no partner, i have no savings.

Most if not all of the ESA goes towards bills food rent etc, my step mum contributes but i try not to let her with carers and income support not being very much... im rambling.

I understand that PIP isn't income so we should really ignore that as part of ESA3. So my question is, Since 2013 from what i have told you have i always been eligible for income based esa with the automatic premium?. Also i don't really understand how most people get 110.70 per week but me £112.05, many members have claimed it since around the same time as me, all so comfusing.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the grammar.

Comments

• FrankieOoo
    I have been receiving a top up of £5.50 since 2013 also so i dont see a reduction in the level of benifit. I am now seeing people mention if the income related benifit is higher than this then i would not get back paid? I am very confused, i thought ir was mainly for the premiums? Which the minimum is £16?. Ijust have no clue. Thank you
  • FrankieOoo
    Also the amount i am on now was the same as it was on the last year of IB possibly 2012, transfered in 13. My money used to rise with age strangely
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi franked                                   Esa can have extra premiums. These are the latest benefits                            Income related ESA support group £110.75 per week. With this you are eligible for enhanced disability which is £16.40 and if you are in receipt of PIP daily living you can also qualify for the severe disability premium which is £64.30 rules apply to this because you normally have to be living alone and nobody is claiming carers allowance. I would ask a benefit advisor on this scope site they will be able to help you. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The extra money you've been claiming is the transitional protection form when you transferred to ESA. The only thing you can do is wait for DWP to make a decision and it can take 12 weeks for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • FrankieOoo
    Thanks for replying!. I have now found out that i will get back pay! but there will be a deduction of £5.55 for each week from 2013 to now. I think this will take longer than 12 weeks xD so many numbers!
  • Augustus12
    Augustus12 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi FeankieOoo
    I'm currently going through this, do you mind if I ask what the outcome was as I am so confused 
    Many thanks 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Augustus12, welcome to the community. Is there anything specific you want to know/ask about this?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.