Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Am I entitled to Extended Benefit payment?

queenmacqueenmac Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. I’m on Esa and just received a job offer. How ever I don’t know when to tell them as the last time I ended up owing them money. Also will I be entitled to extended benefit payment. 
Ive been looking on line but still very confusing for me. 
Please could some one help I’m here getting very stress out. 
Thank you. 


  • gnmeadsgnmeads Member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi queenmac and a big welcome to the Scope community. You should tell ESA as soon as you know how much the company will be paying you. Sometimes there is an overlap and you could end up being paid by both at the same time but at the end of the day that is not your fault. If ESA pay you form the dayyou start that job I suggest you put that money aside for a couple of months in case they ask for it back
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Is the job more than 16 hours per week? If so then your ESA will stop from the day you start your job and there won't be any run on of money for this. If it's less than 15.59 hours per week then you can do permitted work and still receive your full ESA.

    Housing benefit can be paid for a further 4 weeks after you start your job. All changes must also be reported to your local council.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @queenmac! Hopefully our members can help you out with this query.
Sign in or join us to comment.