Am I entitled to Extended Benefit payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I entitled to Extended Benefit payment?

Options
queenmac
queenmac Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. I’m on Esa and just received a job offer. How ever I don’t know when to tell them as the last time I ended up owing them money. Also will I be entitled to extended benefit payment. 
Ive been looking on line but still very confusing for me. 
Please could some one help I’m here getting very stress out. 
Thank you. 

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi queenmac and a big welcome to the Scope community. You should tell ESA as soon as you know how much the company will be paying you. Sometimes there is an overlap and you could end up being paid by both at the same time but at the end of the day that is not your fault. If ESA pay you form the dayyou start that job I suggest you put that money aside for a couple of months in case they ask for it back
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Is the job more than 16 hours per week? If so then your ESA will stop from the day you start your job and there won't be any run on of money for this. If it's less than 15.59 hours per week then you can do permitted work and still receive your full ESA.

Housing benefit can be paid for a further 4 weeks after you start your job. All changes must also be reported to your local council.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @queenmac! Hopefully our members can help you out with this query.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.