Worried — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


sclarence88 Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone need some advice please. Iv recieved a letter stating someone is coming too see me from esa or somewere to check that im recieving correct benifet etc. They want to see a bank statement specifically for a certain date. Im very worried as iv never had this happen and been on esa 5years now. Are they thinking that im working? Or that i have savings or have they had report ? Im confused its making me ill. They said if i dont get statement or miss appointment it will effect my benifets. My account is overdrawn on those dates but i recieved a transfer of £340 from my brother so im worried. Can anyone help?


  • markyboy
    markyboy Member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Be honest and have your answers ready that is all you can do 
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,457 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, if your bank statements prove you had below the £6000 limit to affect your benefits then having a loan, bank transfer from who ever will not and should not cause you any concern, unless it your brother who was is claiming benefits at the time and trsnfered money from his account to ensure he didn’t go over the limit. But I doubt if it’s either so try not to worry and think before you answer and try to have a trustfriend present at the interview. Keep posting and update us on the outcome.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.