esa3 form disability premium back pay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

esa3 form disability premium back pay

afells Member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi I'm new here and wondering if anyone can give me advice? I have received a letter advising me I may have missed out on disability premiums from 2012...I have been sent a esa3 form. I'm currently on esa contribution based and in the support group plus pip. my questions are.... I was single up until 18 months ago, I now live with my partner and he works full time, this does not affect my contribution based I still entitled to back pay for the time i was single? and if I am entitled to the back pay, will I be changed over to income based esa? As if this is the case, I won't be eligible as my partner works full time. I have read a few different things. many thanks 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,167 Disability Gamechanger

    Any back pay they may owe you depends on many things, so i'm afraid you'll have to wait for them to make a decision and this can take 12 weeks.

    If you're owed any back pay then this won't change you to Income Related, you'll remain on CB.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @afells, and a warm welcome to the community! I hope the above response is helpful, and please do let us know if you have any further questions.
  • afells
    afells Member Posts: 22 Connected
    Thank you for replies! I am aware there are many factors they take into consideration whilst looking at my claim and i am also aware of the 12 week time frame...I'm in no rush. It's just the two things I asked really that I'm questioning, in which I thank you for clarifying one of them.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.