I dont understand my esa review letter have posted it here if anyone can help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I dont understand my esa review letter have posted it here if anyone can help

samirh
samirh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have been getting esa for a few years, I had a person come to see my a few months back,  then i received a letter they wanted to know if i had any savings money if anything had changed so i sent it back with the correct information, now i received this does this mean, that they are going to pay me a lump sum of 3434.40 as they have underpaid me,  or is that what they have paid me all the years, or do i have to pay it back, im so confused it has another attachment with other stuff on

Comments

• clivelate
    clivelate Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    edited December 2018
    hi it is the esa back payment they owe you, its £3434.40 so enjoy the money, i see no reason why you need to repay it back, if you did, they they wouldnt have sent it to your account

• samirh
    samirh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi , I have not received it yet so we will see, at least i can buy some christmas presents, I always think in the bleak side with esa so if this true ill be shocked, ill wait to see if it comes in my in box thank you for claryfying at most times i find the esa letters overwhelming ,
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It clearly says youn are entitled to the amount shown, enjoy your spend and have a happy Christmas.
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    YEs that is great news,

My concern is that as this is because of an operational error at the DWP, they are supposed to disregard your capital for the life of the benefit but told you they only going to disregard it for a year.  But thats a problem for another day, and thats even if it becomes one.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.