Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can anyone help re esa3(ibr)06/18 form
Hi, I hope someone can help. I received my form in the post this morning informing me that I am currently on contributions based esa. I have been on this and before that incapacity benefit for many years. I was widowed at 42 and in receipt of my husbands pension. I was told that the pension was not taken into account when claiming esa (C) as it is an inherited (survivor pension) and is disregarded when calculating ESA C but will it be the same for IR? There is nowhere on the form I got this morning other than a tick box at the bottom of the pension section asking is this pension inherited. If I tick this will they understand that it is a reduced survivor pension and is disregarded for esa C and does that mean it will be disregarded or not when calculating income related esa? so confused! Many thanks x
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.