Can anyone help re esa3(ibr)06/18 form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone help re esa3(ibr)06/18 form

Options
Rosie666
Rosie666 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi, I hope someone can help.  I received my form in the post this morning informing me that I am currently on contributions based esa.  I have been on this and before that incapacity benefit for many years.  I was widowed at 42 and in receipt of my husbands pension.  I was told that the pension was not taken into account when claiming esa (C) as it is an inherited (survivor pension) and is disregarded when calculating ESA C but will it be the same for IR?  There is nowhere on the form I got this morning other than a tick box at the bottom of the pension section asking is this pension inherited.  If I tick this will they understand that it is a reduced survivor pension and is disregarded for esa C and does that mean it will be disregarded or not when calculating income related esa? so confused! Many thanks x

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.