ADHD and applying for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ADHD and applying for PIP

Options
Racytracey
Racytracey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi god where do I start?? Ok I have Ben diagnosed with severe adult ADHD scoring 9/9 ICD-10-D-10 in both mental and physical areas.I have just spent weeks googling my rights as I have suffered debt drug abuse substance abuse facing homelessness you name it I have experienced it.I am also thankfully a great mum and Registered Carer to my wonderful daughter who is now an adult and now her needs are mild.I am feeling very frustrated that after finally feeling that I can’t take anymore of my daily issues I googled my symptoms and scored highly for adult ADHD.Then my doctor who has always known I have issues with abuse myself the list goes on sent me to a fourth therapist who I informed that I had done my own test then we did the proper testing and I have it in writing my score issues and more and I’m still undergoing therapy.But I’m really angry that all my previous 50 yrs of suffering all the classic things we suffer with could of been avoided so I have recently applied for PIP again doing lots of research to make sure it will be worth it and that I will be eligible and I am if I use the correct criteria but also I want to be compensated as well as again I’m facing another possible court case for arreas of rent am on a debt relief order and so much more.i have done a hell a lot of work of late but it is possible for all Iv said and it all fits into place especially being a pain to my family about money the list is endless so I have wrote to a solicitor and I know my pip will try and say not eligible but I have it all so I’m hoping I will finally get some recognition for my many dam years of suffering.So there’s some of my story please feel free to add thank you

Comments

• GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Racytracey and very good luck on your journey through the pip fiasco.
    Sounds like you've done your homework,but remember it's not what you have.But how it affects your daily needs .
    Take care 
    Cheers 
    Gizmo
  • CaraLee
    CaraLee Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Racytracey it's nice to meet you! :) 
    Sorry to hear about your struggles, it sounds like you are a very strong person and are approaching your situation with PIP very wisely. You have come to the right place for support and advice so please do reach out if you need any help and members of this wonderful community will help you in any way they can! I wish you all the best on your journey.  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Racytracey, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear about all you've been through. I'm glad to hear you finally have some answers, and hope you can access the support you need.

If we can be of any assistance, do let us know. This Citizens Advice page has some great online guidance for filling in PIP application forms!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.