Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Have you had any experience with PIP home assesment?
Hi, I'm having a PIP home assessment in 2 days , I didn't request a home one just got told I'm having one. Sent my forms back start of July have got worse since then and am finally getting assessed mid December. First assessment was last year in a centre but have deteriorated a lot. lm currently just getting standard mobility rate no independence benefit. I am so worried about it and that I won't be able to sit for 2 hours due to pain and just don't know what to expect really and that I won't be able to answer the question properly and if they get you to do tasks around the home I'm going to try and do them then pay for it later etc. Are they generally kind ? Does anyone have experience of having a PIP home assessment to let me know what I can expect ? Many thanks in advance .
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.