PIP renewal form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal form

Options
valleyboy
valleyboy Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Hi,Is it normal to receive a PIP renewal form a 12month before the original award ends?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes reviews take place 1 year before the award ends.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • valleyboy
    Options
    Thanks,any ideas on someone who could complete the form as the one organisation I used as now run out of funding..
    South Wales based..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Welfare rights or a law centre?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    valleyboy said:
    Thanks,any ideas on someone who could complete the form as the one organisation I used as now run out of funding..
    South Wales based..
    Having seen the completion of at least one PIP2 form, do you not feel capable of completing this one?

• poppy123456
    Options
    Yadnad said:

Having seen the completion of at least one PIP2 form, do you not feel capable of completing this one?

Very helpful comment..... Seriously, why comment if you can't say anything helpful?
  • Yadnad
    Options
    Yadnad said:

Very helpful comment..... Seriously, why comment if you can't say anything helpful?
    It is helpful. I have completed 3 and because of that I could fill them in back to front. Having seen 1 completed the poster could well fill out another? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yadnad said:

I have completed 3 and because of that I could fill them in back to front.
    Yet you had 3 refusals.
  • Yadnad
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yadnad said:

I have completed 3 and because of that I could fill them in back to front.
    Yet you had 3 refusals.
    Yes you are right but that had nothing to do with the claim forms but more to do with the hatchet job that all three assessors did to my claims - they did everything in their power to discredit what I had written.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    Options
    valleyboy said:
    Hi,Is it normal to receive a PIP renewal form a 12month before the original award ends?

Hiya @valleyboy Iam thinking as you have recieved this a year early you would have been sent an AR1 form which I believe you have.

The normal is to review a year before, the award runs out it will state on the original decision letter you recieved?

All awards will be roughly a year before unless an ongoing or fixed 2 years then it will most likely be 14 weeks before a 2 year award. Ongoing awards are normally after 10 years.

As for help filling in the form have a look on the internet and search for a CAB or law centre that maybe helpful to you. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• valleyboy
    Options
    Yadnad,if you've nothing helpful to post then I suggest you don't comment on a post that I've asked for Information..
  • valleyboy
    Options
    Poppy123456,is it possible I could request a extension on this as I've no found a organisation to complete the form but that ain't until the 30th of January
  • poppy123456
    Options
    valleyboy said:
    Poppy123456,is it possible I could request a extension on this as I've no found a organisation to complete the form but that ain't until the 30th of January
    They will give you an extra 14 days. They may even give you longer than that but the end of January is 5+ weeks from now. When does the form have to be returned by?
  • Yadnad
    Options
    valleyboy said:
    valleyboy said:

I was given an extra 7 days, others I hear were given 14 days.
     But 5 weeks could well be a problem - you will only find out if you tell than that you need 5 weeks to when you see them and probably another 2 weeks to ensure that the claim form is received by them - 7 weeks in total.
  • Yadnad
    Options

Yes you are right but that had nothing to do with the claim forms but more to do with the hatchet job that all three assessors did to my claims - they did everything in their power to discredit what I had written.
    As you didn’t chalenge the decisions you have no way of knowing what was decisive as regards your claim but given that you made 3 claims it seems reasonable to conclude that the claim packs played a significant role as they always do. Get the form right and there’s little a HCP can do to look credible when making counter assertions.
    I did challenge the first two as I have reported earlier. They were both uplifted from 0 points to enhanced care & mobility at MR stage.
    The third made it through the MR but the DWP decided against changing the original decision. Consequently only the third one wasn't taken any further.

Mike, you haven't had the opportunity to see all three assessor reports - they were nothing but a pack of lies suggesting that I said things which I didn't and carried out leg and arm movements which I also didn't do.
    On top of that one said that I am a keen swimmer (never) another that I still play rugby (I wish) and to top it all another said that I look after my wife 24/7 as she is incapable of looking after herself (rubbish - in some ways she is fitter than me!)

And not forgetting the mental health examination which gave up to 14 reasons why I have never had those issues.

Credible or not, when it came down to it the DWP would obviously go with the assessor reports even in contradiction to the evidence submitted and the contents of the PIP2 form - I was a liar and the assessor always tells the truth!

For the MRs' carried out all I suggested to the DWP was to actually read the evidence supplied including the DWP doctor's  report into my mental health problems. 
    They then changed the first two with no further issues.

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @valleyboy

Please listen to @poopy123456, she provides sound advice to our community.

@Username_removed do you know the latest about @Yadnad, he is a member of your Rightsnet forum, he trades under the name of Oldrocker.

Please check his posts on Rightsnet.

He also used the same user name on Yourable and MSE furoms, before being kicked off.

I am tagging @poppy123456 and @Tardis as they are interested parties.

Interested in your views, in a post on MSE he claimed that 75% of DLA claims, where fraudulent.

• Yadnad
    Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @valleyboy

Please listen to @poopy123456, she provides sound advice to our community.

@Username_removed do you know the latest about @Yadnad, he is a member of your Rightsnet forum, he trades under the name of Oldrocker.

Please check his posts on Rightsnet.

He also used the same user name on Yourable and MSE furoms, before being kicked off.

I am tagging @poppy123456 and @Tardis as they are interested parties.

Interested in your views, in a post on MSE he claimed that 75% of DLA claims, where fraudulent.

Post & poster reported.
  • atlas46
    Options
    Hi @Yadnab

Posts that you posted, are on file.
  • Yadnad
    Options
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @Yadnab

Posts that you posted, are on file.
    I would hope so on this site. As for any other site or discussion area you are completely wrong. I do not post elsewhere.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Hmm, @Yadnab.  There are two possibilities here.  

1.  You are the poster on Rightsnet, posing as an advisor posting about very similar claims to your own.

2.  You are not oldestrocker (as you claim).  In which case, you should make every possible attempt to get in touch with that advisor as they are in the Canterbury area and take on claims very, very similar to your own.  They say they are a forensic accountant, so it's very possible that you might even know them already?  I would think they would be very well placed to take your case on.
  • atlas46
    Options
    Hi @mikehughescq

@Yadnab trades on Rightesnet as Oldestestrocker.

Sorry for my mistake.

Hope you enjoy reading his 52 posts from 2011 to the present, on Rightsnet.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.