Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Worried dwp think I'm. Comiting fraud

faydharfaydhar Member Posts: 61 Connected
Hi all  I'm extremely  worried and stressed right now  
 I had a letter asking me to apply for sdp on my esa  I rang up last Monday and did it over the phone. I rang today to.see if  my claim had been processed  I was told it hasn't  then.was asked again  who lived with me which I replied my 3 kids .I then was asked who this was and gave my husband who i am separated from for over a year name i said he does.not live with  me that's why I had to claim esa in the first place they said they had returned mail in his name I'm now extremely  worried they are going to.stop my benefits  if they think he lives here still  the woman on the phone was very sharp.with me and had quite and attitude speaking to me I felt like I was a crimimal. I then rang again  and spoke to.someone different who told.me not to.worry but obviously  from.what the previous  woman.said before  has mad me.worry please help with advice 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    If he doesn't live with you then you have nothing to worry about. If they do ask questions then they may ask for proof of where he's living, where's his address is registered at.

    If it's just you with your children and you still claim tax credits for them then you should be claiming a single person discount for your Council tax reduction, a letter proving this reduction is good enough to send. If need be send them this but only if they ask for proof.

    A claim for SDP can take 3 weeks for payments to start, slightly longer is any backdated money is owed.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.