Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
ESA: Will compensation go against me or be classified as savings?
Just a query I have received this esa3 form to fill in as I was transferred from contribution based incapacity to contribution based esa a long time ago the form asks as far back as 2012 my husband has been out of work since 2013 due to work accident he is also on contribution based esa he received £25k compensation in 2017 will that go against me? Will they class that as savings? We used a large chunk to pay off mortgage and some for window and door replacement....not sure which way to go with this I’m thinking just tick one of the three boxes or fill in and clock ticking when it’s to be sent by.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.