PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

One-To-One PIP Interview

Daisyboo80Daisyboo80 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I have just received a letter stating that I do not need to attend a one-to-one assessment for my PIP application, as they have the information needed. They say they will write to me when they’ve made a decision.... Anyone have experience of this and the decision letter waiting time? 🤞

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, it means that the evidence you sent in with your application form is sufficient for the aceesor to generate a report that will enable the decision maker at DWP to give an award. Your illnesses or disability and the evidence you supplied was consistent to your abilities in reference to the PIP descriptors to unable the acessment not being required. It takes about 8 week for an award to be made but being Christmas may be longer but you can ring for a copy of your report which arrives about 14 days once requested and you can work,out what your award may or will be the decision makers nearly always go by the acessment report. Good luck and seasons greetings.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    It doesn't mean you'll be awarded. It means they have enough evidence to write a paper based report.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Daisyboo80! Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for, do let us know how you get on.
Sign in or join us to comment.