One-To-One PIP Interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

One-To-One PIP Interview

Options
Daisyboo80
Daisyboo80 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I have just received a letter stating that I do not need to attend a one-to-one assessment for my PIP application, as they have the information needed. They say they will write to me when they’ve made a decision.... Anyone have experience of this and the decision letter waiting time? ?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, it means that the evidence you sent in with your application form is sufficient for the aceesor to generate a report that will enable the decision maker at DWP to give an award. Your illnesses or disability and the evidence you supplied was consistent to your abilities in reference to the PIP descriptors to unable the acessment not being required. It takes about 8 week for an award to be made but being Christmas may be longer but you can ring for a copy of your report which arrives about 14 days once requested and you can work,out what your award may or will be the decision makers nearly always go by the acessment report. Good luck and seasons greetings.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn't mean you'll be awarded. It means they have enough evidence to write a paper based report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Daisyboo80! Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for, do let us know how you get on.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.