Hi, my name is Darksoul! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Darksoul!

Darksoul
Darksoul Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hey all, im sure I’m not the only one who
feels like they’ve been beaten with an iron bar, all this prep for Christmas is a nightmare for those of with ‘hidden’ disabilities, everyone around me anyway, expects me to take my morphine and smile while I clean and clear out and generally wreck myself for one meal. My kids are late teens early twenties so they are dutifully lifting the sofa or fridge when told so i can scrub underneath. They think I’ve lost the plot!!! Owwwww fraggle bleep I hurt. Nerves are pesky buggers!!

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Darksoul welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear this, do your children know the full extent of how this affects you?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Darksoul

Welcome ? it’s great to meet you today ?

Yes “Hidden Disability’s” are more of a “Hurdle” than “visual disabilities”

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you further with??

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Darksoul Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. I do understand as I have an addiction history.

Been clean eleven years from alcohol and drugs. How can I be a friend?

I am one of the team of community champions who guide new members with information, advice, plus support.

I know this is a difficult time for any body. Especially those with addiction histories.  No matter what they are.

I do think if I can offer anything always here to listen .

Anything you require or need relevant organisations to speak to.  I know I can help if you wish to.

I have included the below organisation deals with drugs.  As you mention morphine in your post.

Talk to Frank might be useful just a suggestion.  You re not alone with the issues around family.  At this time.  Been there so many times.

https://wwwtalktofrank.com.contact.

Helpline 0300 123 6600.

If you feel you need to talk.

The hardest part is to remain not stressed and find a way to cope.  Which is the most difficult part of any thing .

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community and happy christmas eve @Darksoul

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.