disability hate crime - what can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

disability hate crime - what can I do?

Taurus
Taurus Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Good morning.I had accident at work on the 09 May 2018 and I suffering a permanent injuries (multiple injuries on the both legs)I'm a disable person on the treatment process.I have serious problem with moving because I can't walk .I have a problem with sleeping because pain is very confusing.I would like to ask about the disability hate crime because I have a problem with local sosial residents.Some people residents who don't know me and my family them fallow me, neighbours talks about my a lot of wrong and bad stories and this is ridiculous because nobody from them don't know me,Sometimes I hear outside windows some hostile screams and offensive phrases.I don't know how to sort that problem because I do not want to report it to the police or reveal my name because wants to stay anonymous .What can I do?Without reporting to the police

Regards

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Taurus

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am very very sorry to hear about your current situation!!!!

Where do you live??

Is it your own house??

Have you got friends or family who would step in for you ????

Sorry for all the questions !!!!!!!’
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Taurus Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what you are going through. I am afraid that the choices are very limited.  You could document the evidence and consider speaking to the police.

Unfortunately you wish not to do this. Consider that you are frightened and scared to do so.

The big issues are here are do you wish to suffer. Add to that continue with your life, getting the support of those who can advise and help.

Other option is to move to a new area, this I have done myself.

As a victim of hate crime in the past. 

Have contacted the police and I can inform you they do take this sort of social problem seriously.

All I can add.

Please if we as community can advise further. They will be others in our community who can help further or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • martins
    martins Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Hi 
    I'm so sorry to read what you are going through. My daughter has disabled so we know how hard it must be to report this to the police. My son is a police officer and I showed him what you wrote he has advised that this is defiantly a matter for the police. The have specially trained officers who will help you. Please don't keep putting yourself and your family through this ask for help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Taurus
    How are you? Did you report this to the police?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.