Appealing the decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing the decision

Dean5464
Dean5464 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm Dean, I don't post very often but felt I should post this....
I have been on DLA and PIP for about 6 years now, I'm disabled,dieabetic, the list is too long,so I'll just say that I'm a stroke survivor,
I had to appeal back in June and it took till The 18, December for them to tell me that I've been awarded the right rate, I guess I'm just saying don't give up, if you think you are right, sorry to say it seems that the people who should be getting the help are not because there's too many people claiming that shouldn't be

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news, well done.

I will have to say though that very few claim PIP fraudulently. Just remember that invisible conditions do exist and not to judge a book by it's cover.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Dean5464 said:
    Hi I'm Dean, I don't post very often but felt I should post this....
    I have been on DLA and PIP for about 6 years now, I'm disabled,dieabetic, the list is too long,so I'll just say that I'm a stroke survivor,
    I had to appeal back in June and it took till The 18, December for them to tell me that I've been awarded the right rate, I guess I'm just saying don't give up, if you think you are right, sorry to say it seems that the people who should be getting the help are not because there's too many people claiming that shouldn't be
    I don't think that the deserving are not getting it for that reason, the real reason is that those that fail haven't a clue how to put a claim together or have the strength and stamina to fight it any further than a MR. 

Being right or knowing that you are right is dependant on you knowing how the PIP system works.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well said yadnad, that’s the problem to many posters on scope say about their illnesses and disability or their diagnosis and fill in their PIP application form on this basis and not reference to how their condition impacts on their daily lives in reference to the PIP descriptors. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.