Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My girlfriend is on PIP, esa payments might be stopped?
My girlfriend has just won her appeal for pip benefits after nearly 16 months of waiting and has been awarded the enhanced rate for both elements of pip, back dated and payable for 3 years. She has been receiving income related esa for nearly 4 years and is in the support group as well as receiving extra money for the disability income guarantee. Will she still get esa as well as pip? Really confused as the dwp have just randomly paid 1 weeks worth of esa with no explanation. We had been advised all the way that pip would be paid on top of esa but really worried that the dwp might now stop esa payments.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.