Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

ESA claim date!

Hi, I understand that the ESA benefit year starts on Sunday 6/1/19. Should my Dr's Medical  Certificate also be dated from 6/1/19? I am confused as Dr's normally only start a new cert on a weekday.
Should I ask my Dr to start my cert on Friday 4/1/19 or Monday 7/1/19, or will he date it from 6/1/19? I don't want to lose a week in my claim for the sake of 1 day, neither do I want to invalidate the claim due to my cert having a date in the previous benefit year.
Thank you.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A fit/sick note can't be dated for a future date. It's dated from when ever you start your claim. For example, if a person's claim starts on 29th December then that's when your fit note needs to be dated from.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • debsidoodebsidoo Member Posts: 327 Pioneering
    Hi @Sunshine123
    I would get your GP to date the fit note from the day the previous note ran out that way there are no missing dates on your claim.This is the usual procedure.
       Debsidoo.x
  • Sunshine123Sunshine123 Member Posts: 5 Listener
Sign in or join us to comment.