Severe Disability Premium Form Sent to me confused

gordie1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there. I received a form to fill in for extra amount for severe Disability Premium. I am a bit confused I never asked for one. I receive PIP personal care lower rate and the enhanced rate for mobility just got awarded it in the summer owing to severe anxiety when traveling. Looking at the form I don't think I qualify I live alone nobody gets carers allowance for me. I receive the Disability Premium for ESA I am feeling confused do I fill this in or not 


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Championing
    There is nothing to lose by filling in the form and returning it
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,316 Championing
    Daily living award of PIP, living alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you are all reasons why you should qualify, although no one on an internet forum can tell you for certain. It's a very simple form, fill it in and return it. If you qualify you'll be back dated to the start of your PIP award, if you qualified at the time.