PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal

panface
panface Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone I am new to this group.
I have recently had my PIP cancelled and I am now waiting for a tribunal date. I have received all the paperwork from the Benefits agency stating why they have refused my claim, even though I have had it for 3 years. There are lots of discrepancies in the report which I need to address. On the paperwork it states to phone the benefit agency if I have anything to add. Do I do this or can I write to them ? Thank you

Comments

• Angelfire
    Angelfire Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Best advice I could give, put it onto paper, make two copies, one for your records and one for the Benefit agency.
  • panface
  • vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    I wrote the appeal letter to tribunal on behalf of my daughter after she got 0 points at assessment and on the MR. I made 2 paper copies and in addition kept one on my computer and another on a portable hard drive, Previously she had 19 points for daily living and 14points on mobility I gave an in depth explanation on each descriptor where necessary how my daughters daily activities impact on her and pointed out the discrepancies on the report from the HCP. I put every detail, even minor ones in every descriptor that was relevant to the claim. It was time consuming and I found it difficult with some descriptors but I managed it.  I signed the letter stating it was on behalf of my daughter and my relationship to her (mother). She won the appeal and all her previous points reinstated. The footnote on the decision letter read as follows: The panel were appalled at the decision of the DWP to remove the award for this appellant, She has life long conditions that affect both her physical and mental health. She fits into the category of people who we believe should not be reassessed. Good luck and seek help and advice if you get stuck, don't give up.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    @panface you don't write to DWP at this point. As you've requested the Tribunal then anything anything extra you send needs to be sent to HMCTS and not to DWP. I'd advise getting some face to face advice from either welfare rights or a law centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • panface
    Thank you all so much

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.