What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What benefits?

mykezzamykezza Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my husband has osteoporosis and can't work he has worked all his life but has been told he does not meet requirements  for PIP  we need some benefit  advice he is 63yrs I'm  59yrs we have a 21year old autistic daughter living at home I'm a care worker on min wage ..any advice plz 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If he's recently been refused PIP then he needs to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration and he has 1 month to request this. He needs to put it in writing what he disagrees with and where he thinks he should have scored those points. He should put 2-3 example of what happened the last time he tried that activity for each descriptor that applies.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, or about not being able to work. It's about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

As for any other benefits then i'd advise you both the visit your local CAB for a full benefits check, it's impossible to give advice like this on an internet forum.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.