What benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What benefits?

Options
mykezza
mykezza Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my husband has osteoporosis and can't work he has worked all his life but has been told he does not meet requirements  for PIP  we need some benefit  advice he is 63yrs I'm  59yrs we have a 21year old autistic daughter living at home I'm a care worker on min wage ..any advice plz 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If he's recently been refused PIP then he needs to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration and he has 1 month to request this. He needs to put it in writing what he disagrees with and where he thinks he should have scored those points. He should put 2-3 example of what happened the last time he tried that activity for each descriptor that applies.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, or about not being able to work. It's about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

As for any other benefits then i'd advise you both the visit your local CAB for a full benefits check, it's impossible to give advice like this on an internet forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.