Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
I need guidance about assessor and DLA
My husband had indefinite high rate DLA for care and mobility, was assessed before Christmas and the result was he is now considered only able to get standard rate for both, reviewed in 10 months. Have asked for the mandatory reconsideration forms, emailed our MP and fully expect to have to go to a Tribunal. As I was/am a Carer professionally, and our Daughter a qualified Nurse, we cope with Hubbys needs as he can't cope with going out and meeting people as in specialists. he has both physical and mental issues, and is often suicidal so we have to watch his moods. I need help and guidance please, have also complained about the assessor as she has reported things that didnt occur and made errors.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.