Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
enhanced disability premium - esa (cb) receiving private pension
i receive a private pension of £116 and receive esa (contribution based) support group - my esa is reduced by £15.50 per week - i have recently been contacted by dwp stating i may be entiltled to the enhanced disability premium- my question is will i be barred from entitlement as my pension on a £ for £ basis does not give entitlement to esa (income related) or will i receive a reduced EDP as my pensiion is not greater than esa (ir) + edp - i pose this question as the answer is quite significant as the dwp have indicated it dayes back to november 2013 when i was migrated from incapacity benefit any guidance will be fully appreciated thank you
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.