Pip Appeal, have a date, don't have a bundle. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Appeal, have a date, don't have a bundle.

VixenG
VixenG Community member Posts: 3 Listener
My partner lost his PIP (enhanced care, standard mobility) back in march. They gave him 0 points.
MR gave him 8 points overall so we put in for an appeal, stating me as his representative.
Got a call from DWP under new mental health ruling saying he should have standard mobility. Took that but continued appeal. 
When we got his new decision letter it turned out he should have been on enhanced mobility since 2016, so received some backpay.

He's got autism and major joint pain, needs investigations for the joint pain but his autism isn't helping as he doesn't like strangers touching him and has had autistic meltdowns when attempting to have blood taken etc, so far nothing has been successful to calm him down enough to have them done. 

Appealing under the upper tribunal ruling wherein they have to prove that his conditions have improved since the last assessment .

DWP have not supplied any evidence to HMCS. We now have an appeal date of 30th January. Papers state to bring the bundle from the DWP. We have no bundle! Also apparently no paperwork to state that I'm his representative .

He will probably **** down at tribunal, his psychiatrist has stated how hard he finds it to talk to strangers. He does not go out alone. He cannot make financial decisions, talk to strangers, some days the joint pain is so bad he takes two hours to get out of bed .

So, I'm going to the appeal with a person who probably won't talk fluently, with no idea what the DWP have to say, with no official stance myself as they have lost the form stating I'm his representative, and only a handful of medical reports from his psychiatrist. 

Trying to stay positive but it's hard .

Does anyone have any tips or advice?
(Sorry for the essay)

Comments

• VixenG
    Don't know why the word melt has been starred out in that paragraph unless my phone autocorrected to something rude! If so apologies, no intention of swearing!
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    I wonder what the "bundle refers too as well.
    Interesting 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @VixenG! You've had some great advice from our members, do keep us updated.
  • VixenG
    Thank you, and thank you so much for all the advice .
    Just to note DWP have sent nothing. They literally have not responsed to the judge, so we have no paperwork except what we have sent in .

CAB cannot help us with a representative, and despite lots of searching I have been unable to find a representative locally who isn't from a "dubious" company who seem to be all about rates .

I'm going to go in as a witness, I will just sit and bite my tongue and hope he can respond correctly, and then as his career I will have my say 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.