Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
What is your experience with continused pain after spinal fusion?
Hi, I've just joined and I've been reading people's experiences and found them so interesting. I'm 53 and had spinal fusion 16 years ago, which was a complete success. However for the last 3 years I've been suffering with my back and neck, discs again. I am unable to have surgery on my back as it's the disc above the one I had fused that's causing the problems. Shards of bone have grown and due to scar tissue they can't operate. This year I have been offered fusion on my neck but due to my mobility issues I have put 6 stone on and I've got to loose 4 stone before they'll operate!! I also have a lot of pain in my hands and wear splints. I take a lot of pain killers including progabalin, morphine, and fentanol patches, but still suffer with pain daily, spending alot of time in bed. I'm being referred to a pain management team in Oswestry and would be interested if other members have found this useful.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.