Hi, my name is geoval1050! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is geoval1050!

geoval1050
geoval1050 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi
I am from Northern Ireland first time on here, I have been in receipt of DLA for nearly 17 years i recently received a PIP form which i had to fill in. If i have to go for a face to face meeting is the person interviewing me a Doctor , i have read some messages on here that people have had home meetings and this was carried out by nurses.. Also where in Belfast are the PIP meetings held.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @geoval1050

Welcome to our online community /family ?

We have got some info on pip on here.

Please please let me know if you need any help / advice. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    I am from Northern Ireland first time on here, I have been in receipt of DLA for nearly 17 years i recently received a PIP form which i had to fill in. If i have to go for a face to face meeting is the person interviewing me a Doctor , i have read some messages on here that people have had home meetings and this was carried out by nurses.. Also where in Belfast are the PIP meetings held.
    What I can say that here in England, and I don't suppose that NI is any different, they don't use doctors - too expensive and unnecessary.
    They use anybody that has some sort of medical background - young nurse, paramedic, physiotherapist in fact anybody that understands what your feet are connected to! 
    The computer software that they use to assess you could in fact be operated by almost anybody.
    What I also would say is that like life in general there are good assessors and poor ones that shouldn't be let near you.
    Some will listen to you, some will make their own mind up ignoring anything that you say.
  • geoval1050
    Thank you so much for getting in touch its such a stressful thing, i suffer with PTSD plus many ailments to my body i just get so stressed out over simple things.

George
  • geoval1050
    Hi
    I just got a letter from Capita giving me a face to face appointment which will take place at my home address . What sort of things will he or she be asking, i suffer from PTSD and get fairly worked up about things like this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    I just got a letter from Capita giving me a face to face appointment which will take place at my home address . What sort of things will he or she be asking, i suffer from PTSD and get fairly worked up about things like this.
    Hi,

You'll be asked questions on how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • geoval1050
    Hi
    I photocopied my application form before posting it off would i be allowed to refer to my copy during the face to face appointment ?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    I photocopied my application form before posting it off would i be allowed to refer to my copy during the face to face appointment ?
    If you do that you may well be scored down as being able to manipulate a file of papers and read from them. They used that on me - I was only holding on to my passport and letter to attend the assessment which despite what the assessor said that I was continually reading the documents, who would want to look at what I was carrying!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.