Why can't i claim back money i lost from moving from DLA to PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why can't i claim back money i lost from moving from DLA to PIP?

Options
868949241 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone  tell me  why I cant  claim  back the money I lost when I moved  from  dla to pip., when everybody else  has .

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @868949241 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and your enquiry.

I am one of the team of community champions. Who advise and help new members who join.

All I know there are members of our community or a member of our team will be able to advise you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't simply claim back money you lose from moving from DLA to PIP, and nor can other people. There are a few things you can do though:

consider challenging the PIP decision, if you think it's wrong & you should be getting a higher rate - the higher rates of PIP are like those in DLA, and if you were able to show the original PIP decision was wrong you would be entitled to backdating

complain if you think the assessment was done badly, that's why the PIP decision was wrong & you've lost money as a result (maybe not just the difference between DLA & PIP but other costs like losing your Motability vehicle if that has happened to you). Some people have even sued the assessment company for the losses they've suffered, not just financial loss but having got worse as a result

go to see your MP or write to her/him about how PIP has affected you. 

Lots of people have lost out and I think it's probably a minority who have managed to claim back the difference, although we do know that if you get to an appeal tribunal there's an over 60% success rate for PIP appeals.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.