Advice — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Hello everyone, does anybody know if it is possible to claim the esa benefit if you have marfan syndrome, I have no idea how to go about it and any advice would be greatly appreciated so thank you in advance.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,518 Disability Gamechanger

    ESA is for those with a limited capability for work, it's not about a diagnosis. A sick note is needed from your GP also.

    It will also depend on your circumstances, household income, living with a partner that works, previously worked etc. With no information it's impossible to advise. I'd advise you to get a benefit check from your local CAB.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.