PIP underpaid me for 2 years 6 months... Will i also get working tax backdated — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP underpaid me for 2 years 6 months... Will i also get working tax backdated

Bearspirit Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all.

I am currently in the process of having my pip taken to the tribunal, and during this process, pip relooked at my pip in case it didn't need to go to a tribunal. During this stage, they found an error on my account. I was supposed to have been awarded enhanced daily and standard mobility, but was awarded standard-standard which meant the owed me a backdated amount from 6th fFeb2016 = 31st August 2018. Obviously, this was a nice surprise when I received this letter but also shows just how bad dwp are at processing claims. I've had error after error...

My first question is; Would bringing this error to light at the tribunal be of benefit to my hearing which shows their incompetence?

Secondly; I currently get working tax credit for home self-employment work. I get the normal disability premium. Now that it's come to light i should have been on enhanced daily, and in turn, be on the severely disable element on working tax, will I get that backdated for the time period above? and would it be automatic or do i need to write into them?

Much appreciated 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.